SOURCE: Sustainable BrandsDESCRIPTION:
SAN FRANCISCO, March 21, 2018 /3BL Media/ – Sustainable Brands® recently opened submissions for its internationally recognized startup business competition Sustainable Brands Innovation Open (SBIO). Co-sponsored by Makersite and the RISN Incubator at Arizona State University, the competition will culminate at SB’18 Vancouver, June 4-7, with venture finalists presenting their early operational plans to business leaders and investors in the Sustainable Brands community.
Sustainable Brands, known for bringing together diverse groups of business leaders with innovative and disruptive plans to embed sustainability into their companies, will accept entries for SBIO until April 19th. Startup ventures looking to gain exposure for their pioneering consumer products and/or products/services that support existing corporations in achieving their sustainability-led programs are encouraged to submit an entry. The first round of the Innovation Open is hosted by technology provider YouNoodle.
Details and timing as follows:
- Startups in their post-launch phase with early operating metrics and/or a proven Beta/prototype are encouraged to apply.
- A panel of expert judges will evaluate entries based on creativity, team quality, economic scalability and level of disruptive innovation. Ten semi-finalists will be selected by early May.
- A short list of entries will be featured for a public poll starting on April 23rd on SB18Vancouver.com/innovation-open in order to select an 11th semi-finalist. The public vote winner will be announced in early May.
- All 11 semi-finalists will be given exhibit space at SB’18 Vancouver and will pitch their business plans to an esteemed panel of judges on June 5th. The four finalists will pitch their ventures to the full SB’18 Vancouver audience on June 6th.
- SBIO Award: The final winner of the SBIO competition will receive:
- Access to the next three years of Sustainable Brands conferences
- A comprehensive business plan review by RISN Incubator entrepreneurship experts and up to two hours of direct consultation
- If appropriate for the venture, an invitation to participate in the next RISN Incubator cohort
- A one-year premium subscription to Makersite
- If applicable, a consultation on circular economy with a Makersite expert
- Visibility onsite at SB’18 Vancouver and post-event through media coverage
“The Innovation Open is an incredible opportunity for mission-driven entrepreneurs to connect with thought leaders in sustainability,” states Eda Isik, Sustainable Brands’ Innovation Open Coordinator. “Startups collaborate with industry experts and improve their business models to better tackle our most pressing social, environmental, and economic challenges.”
To submit an entry, visit the SB Innovation Open 2018 web page at SB18Vancouver.com/innovation-open. To learn about SBIO partnership opportunities or additional ways to get involved, please contact Eda Isik at firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information about SB’18 Vancouver can be found on the conference website at www.SB18Vancouver.com.
About Sustainable Brands
Sustainable Brands® is the premier global community of brand innovators who are shaping the future of commerce worldwide. Since 2006, our mission has been to inspire, engage and equip today’s business and brand leaders to prosper for the near and long term by leading the way to a better future. Digitally published news articles and issues-focused conversation topics, internationally known conferences and regional events, a robust e-learning library and peer-to-peer membership groups all facilitate community learning and engagement throughout the year. Sustainable Brands is a division of Sustainable Life Media, headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Tweet me: Sustainable Brands Seeks #Entrepreneurs for #Startup Business Competition: Innovation Open calls for submissions from socially and environmentally conscious ventures to compete at #SB18Vancouver. http://sbshare.co/2FOgN6VContact Info:
KEYWORDS: event, conference, marketing, Innovation, entrepreneurship, startup, social, environment, SBIO, sustainable brands, SB'18 Vancouver