Company to Host Virtual Investor Day with Ocular Oncology Experts on Monday, October 3, 2022, at 11:30 a.m. Eastern Time
Aura Biosciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: AURA), a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing a novel class of virus-like drug conjugate (VDC) therapies for multiple oncology indications, today announced that data from the ongoing Phase 2 trial evaluating the safety and efficacy of suprachoroidal (SC) administration using its first VDC product candidate, belzupacap sarotalocan (AU-011), for the first-line treatment of patients with early-stage choroidal melanoma [indeterminate lesions and small choroidal melanoma (IL/CM)] will be presented at the upcoming American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) 2022 Annual Meeting being held September 30-October 3, 2022, in Chicago. The Company will also host a virtual Investor Day on Monday, October 3, 2022, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Aura Biosciences’ executive management team will be joined by three distinguished ocular oncology thought leaders:
- Carol Shields, MD, Chief of the Ocular Oncology Service at Wills Eye Hospital and Professor of Ophthalmology at Thomas Jefferson University (USA)
- Ivana Kim, MD, MBA, Director of the Ocular Melanoma Center, Massachusetts Eye and Ear & Associate Professor of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School (USA)
- Martine Jager, MD, PhD, Professor of Ophthalmology, Leiden University, (Netherlands) & Past President of the International Society of Ocular Oncology and the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
The program will include:
- Safety and efficacy results from the ongoing Phase 2 trial evaluating suprachoroidal administration of belzupacap sarotalocan for the potential first-line treatment of patients with early-stage IL/CM
- Two-year visual acuity data from the retrospective matched case control study of belzupacap sarotalocan vs. plaque radiotherapy
- Preclinical data from a research collaboration with the University of Leiden (Netherlands) highlighting the possibility of using belzupacap sarotalocan in combination with immune checkpoint inhibitors to treat primary and distant lesions by an abscopal effect
Details for the Presentation at AAO:
Title: A Phase 2 Trial of AU-011, a First-in-Class Targeted Therapy for Choroidal Melanoma via Suprachoroidal Administration
Presenter: Ivana K. Kim, MD, Massachusetts Eye and Ear
Session #: PA028
Location #: S405
Date/Time: Sunday, October 2, 2022, at 9:45 a.m. CST
The paper will be available here following the presentation.
Details for the Virtual Investor Day:
To access the virtual Investor Day, please dial (888) 660-6585 (U.S. and Canada) or (929) 203-0858 (international) at least 10 minutes prior to the start time and refer to conference ID 9748492. A live video webcast will be available in the Investor section of the Company’s website at https://ir.aurabiosciences.com/events-and-presentations. A webcast replay will also be available on the corporate website at the conclusion of the call.
About Aura Biosciences
Aura Biosciences, Inc. is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing virus-like drug conjugates (VDCs), a novel class of therapies, for the treatment of multiple oncology indications. Aura’s lead VDC candidate, belzupacap sarotalocan (AU-011), consists of a virus-like particle conjugated with an anti-cancer agent. Belzupacap sarotalocan is designed to selectively target and destroy cancer cells and activates the immune system with the potential to create long-lasting anti-tumor immunity. Belzupacap sarotalocan is currently in development for ocular cancers, and Aura plans to pursue development of belzupacap sarotalocan across its ocular oncology franchise including for the treatment of patients with choroidal metastasis. In addition, leveraging Aura’s technology platform, Aura is developing belzupacap sarotalocan more broadly across multiple cancers, including in patients with non-muscle invasive bladder cancer (NMIBC). Aura is headquartered in Boston, MA.
For more information, visit aurabiosciences.com, or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220927005381/en/
Investor and Media:
Head of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications