Enhancements made to customer service, communications, correspondence and other resources for Spanish-speaking customers
Recognizing that language can be a significant barrier to accessing important information, educational resources and programming, Pennsylvania American Water recently developed additional Spanish-language resources aimed at improving service and communication for customers. The company also created a short video to highlight these offerings to the Spanish-speaking community.
“We’re committed to providing appropriate, effective and meaningful access to individuals who are Spanish-speaking or have limited English proficiency,” said Laura Martin, senior director of government and external affairs for Pennsylvania American Water. “To support this effort, we’ve expanded many of the resources we provide to customers.”
The company now offers the following in Spanish:
- Website: Customers now have the option of viewing the Pennsylvania American Water website in Spanish with a click of a button. To change the language preference, visitors simply click “Español” on the top right of the company’s homepage.
- Billing and account-related letters: Pennsylvania American Water customers can request to receive many standard service-related letters and communications in Spanish.
- Field service materials: When Pennsylvania American Water completes service work at customers’ homes and businesses, doorhangers and other materials are often left behind to explain work completed and any necessary follow-up. Many of these materials now include information in Spanish.
- How to read your bill: A detailed “How to Read Your Bill” instructional guide in both English and Spanish is available on pennsylvaniaamwater.com. Under Customer Service & Billing, visitors should select Billing & Payment Info, then How to Read Your Bill. The Spanish version can be accessed through the company’s website: https://es.amwater.com/paaw/.
- Videos: Several of Pennsylvania American Water’s most popular informational videos are now available in Spanish. Viewers can take a virtual tour of a water treatment plant or learn about the company’s bill payment assistance programs by visiting its Spanish video playlist.
Pennsylvania American Water customers can easily designate Spanish as their preferred language of communication by calling Customer Service at 1-800-565-7292, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The company also offers free interpreter services in many other languages. When calling Customer Service, customers should press “2” at the prompt to be connected with a Customer Care Agent who will transition the call to a third-party interpreter service.
About Pennsylvania American Water
Pennsylvania American Water, a subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK), is the largest investor-owned water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water and wastewater services to approximately 2.4 million people. With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 6,400 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and regulated-like drinking water and wastewater services to more than 14 million people in 24 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
In addition to its new Spanish website, @paamwater announced a number of customer service enhancements and resources for Spanish-speaking customers, including letters and videos. Check out this video to learn more: https://youtu.be/635xE3XgYRA.