Just in time for the holiday shopping sprint, Affirm users can earn cash back rewards when paying in full at hundreds of participating merchants including Best Buy and Priceline
Affirm, the payment network that empowers consumers and helps merchants drive growth, today announced a set of updates to the Affirm App that bring consumers increased flexibility and purchasing power. Previously, consumers could use the Affirm App to shop online or in-store at virtually any retailer and pay over time — biweekly or monthly. With these updates to the Affirm App, consumers now also have the option to pay in full upfront at hundreds of merchants while earning rewards in the process, thanks to Affirm’s new Cash Back Rewards program.
“With the average consumer planning to spend nearly $650 on gifts this holiday season, we’re excited to offer a way for shoppers to earn while they spend,” said Greg Fisher, Chief Marketing Officer at Affirm. “Now whether consumers want to pay in full and earn cash back or pay later by choosing a schedule that’s best for them, Affirm can offer that choice and flexibility. Giving consumers the opportunity to earn rewards also increases engagement. Three in four consumers who used Affirm Cash Back in our pilot said they were interested in making a second transaction.”
Affirm’s Cash Back Rewards program allows consumers to automatically earn back a percentage of every eligible purchase in rewards, which can later be redeemed for cash and deposited directly into their Affirm Savings account. As an added bonus, now through December 15th, consumers will earn an additional $20 on their first eligible Cash Back purchase through the Affirm App.
To start earning cash back:
- Consumers can head to the Affirm App and click “Unlock” through a participating merchant’s page to join the Cash Back rewards program.
- From there, they will browse and shop as they normally would.
- When shopping in the Affirm App at a participating merchant — labeled throughout the Affirm App with a cash back offer or found in the “Cash Back with Affirm” page — consumers will select the option to choose their debit or credit card and enter their information to pay in full at checkout.
- Consumers will automatically earn a percentage of their total purchase (minus shipping, taxes and fees) in rewards which are later redeemed for cash and deposited directly into their Affirm Savings account. The cash back rewards become available within 30-90 days, consistent with the participating merchant’s refund and return policies as consumers would not earn rewards for any returned items.
- If a consumer does not have an Affirm Savings account, one must be opened within 30 days of purchase in order to receive the Cash Back. Consumers can take steps to open one in minutes. Affirm offers an APY of 0.65% and comes with no minimums or hidden fees, which means your money earns more than 10x the national average. See details below.
Download the Affirm App in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to start earning cash back today!
See here for how Affirm’s annual percentage yield (APY) compares to the national rate. This APY is effective as of 12/8/2021 and may change at any time before or after account opening. Affirm Savings accounts are held with Cross River Bank, Member FDIC. No minimum balance is required to open an account or receive the advertised APY.
Affirm’s mission is to deliver honest financial products that improve lives. By building a new kind of payment network — one based on trust, transparency and putting people first — we empower millions of consumers to spend and save responsibly, and give thousands of businesses the tools to fuel growth. Unlike credit cards and other pay-over-time options, we show consumers exactly what they will pay up front, never increase that amount, and never charge any late or hidden fees. Payment options through Affirm are subject to eligibility, and are provided by these lending partners: affirm.com/lenders.